The following job opportunities are available with Kent County. To apply, visit www.accesskent.com/jobs
- Parks Department 1700 Butterworth Drive SW Grand Rapids
- Temporary – $10.55 hourly
- Category: Sanitation / Parks and Recreation / Miscellaneous / Parks / Natural Resources / Building & Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance
- Sheriff Department 701 Ball Avenue NE Grand Rapids
- Full-time – $24.66 hourly
- Category: Corrections / Law Enforcement / Security / Criminology
Grand Rapids teens and young adults looking for an advantage over the competition can build job skills through the Leadership and Employment, Achievement and Direction (LEAD) program. Managed by Our Community’s Children, LEAD provides unique training in civic engagement, leadership and employment skills for Grand Rapids residents ages 15 to 24 and those attending college in the greater Grand Rapids area.
Registration is now open for this year’s two-week LEAD cohort workshops – set for May 1-15 and June 11-26 at Grand Rapids City Hall, 300 Monroe Ave. NW. Each cohort runs 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and includes sessions on financial literacy, dressing for success, mock interviews and resume and cover letter writing along with field trips to local businesses and colleges.
Additional information can be found HERE.